Peoples Republic of Bangladesh
Ministry of Finance
Internal Resource Department
National Board of Revenue
(Customs & Value Added Tax)
June 10, 1999
Duty Free Import of Vehicles at EPZ
SROs No-151-Law/99/1787/ Customs & VAT
In exercise of the power, conferred by the Section 21(b) of the Customs Act-1969 (IV of 1969) and section 66 of VAT Act-1991, the Government rebates all Customs Duty, VAT, Infrastructure Development Surcharge, and SD on imported Car, Jeep Car, and Micro Bus in the EPZ area’s industries.
Mentionable that following conditions must be applied to get the tax rebate facilities
1. Goods imported by the Entity must have 100% foreign capital investment
2. If the entity is Joint Venture then foreign investment will have to be above 50%
3. Any such entity may import two types of vehicles out of following four types of vehicles
o Pickup Truck
o Jeep Car
o 2000 CC Car
4. Approval & Attestation letter issued by BEPZA will be submitted to Customs Authority to discharge such Pickup, Jeep Car, Microbus & 2000 CC Car.
5. BEPZA will maintain logbook of all vehicles imported under this facilities.
6. No such car imported under this facilities will be sold or transferred before 5 years of discharge.
7. No such car imported under this facilities will be used for other commercial purposes apart from industrial works.
Note: Please find attached original rules in Bengali