Title: Act and Regulations to Export Import animal, animal meat and Poultry
Issuing Agency: Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock
Responsible Agency: Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock
Issuing Date: 01-01-2015
Act and Regulations to Export, Import animal, animal meat and Poultry
(Retrieved from Import Policy Order 2012-15)
Key Points highlighted in the document are:
1) A Trader must submitboth the invoice for the imported goods anda veterinary health certificate with the application form.
2) In case of edible beef, mutton and chicken, the production d and expiration dates need to be attached to or printed on the products’ packaging, along with the clear instructions on preservation.
a. Imported goods must also be accompanied by a certificate issued by the due authority of the sourcing country confirming that the product is free from Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) and Avian Influenza.
b. For countries enlisted in European Union, an additional certificate needs to be issued stating that the product is free from Mad Cow Disease.
3) Quarantine conditions are required for botanical products.
4) Chickens one day of age (HS Heading number 01.05)my be imported on following conditions:
a. They need to be accompanied by a certificate issued from the Ministry of Livestock certifying the product is free from any disease.
b. Accompanied by certificate issued by World Organization of Animal Health stating that the sourcing country is free from Avian Influenza virus would be required.
c. The importer needs to submit an authorization letter issued by the director of the Department of Livestock at the bank branch while opening the LC.
5) Eggs of chickens, ducks and other birds (HS heading number 04.07 and code number 0407 .00.00) can be imported on following conditions:
a. Eggs must be imported from the countries free from Avian Influenza and Bird flu.
b. Each challan of the product has to be accompanied by a certificate issued from the due authority ensuring that the product is free from Avian Influenza and Bird flue.
[Note: Please view the pdf for further detail ]
Download Bangla: Act and Regulations to Export Import animal, animal meat and Poultry